Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bye, Bye Soother!!

A couple of days ago, Ryley and I decided it was time that Van gave up his soother. He will be 2 years old in a couple of weeks, so it was about time. My mom gave me the idea to give the soother to the birds, but since we live in a new community and trees are hard to come by, we decided we would give it to the bunny rabbit that lives in our backyard. That night we took Van outside and we layed all his soothers on the grass and told him that the bunnies needed them for their babies. He was actually really okay with it at first, which was really surprising, but when we left them and went inside he started to cry. That night we put him to bed and he was really good at first, then it really set in and he started to cry and talk to himself. I had to get a video recording of it because it was really funny! I know that sounds mean but he did end up going to sleep 20 minutes later, and the last few nights he goes to sleep right away and doesn't cry at all, I am so proud of him!!! Ryley and I were a little scared that he would hate bunnies for the rest of his life, so in the morning, we took him outside to see that the bunnies had taken the soothers and had left him a big fire truck!! I attached the video recording of the first night without his soother. In the video, he calls his soother his "ya-ya."


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Van, but it really was funny!!

Anonymous said...

That is very cute Kyla. I love the pumpkin too.

Anonymous said...

Hello guys! This is megan. I just had to comment on how funny that video is! Poor Van had to give his ya ya to the bunnie rabbit! Oh my gosh I am laughing out loud.